Bacon Wrapped Cedar Planked Trout
Thick-cut, hearty bacon may seem like it doesn’t belong next to light, flaky fish, but our hickory flavor is a natural fit with trout cooked over cedar planks.
You can find cedar planks for grilling at your local grocery store. They add an aromatic and smoky complexity to fish. Big, flavorful herbs like garlic and rosemary add even more depth. Soak your planks in water before placing on your grill.
1. Preheat grill over medium heat.
2. While the grill heats up, take a paper towel and carefully pat trout skin and flesh dry. Brush your fish with olive oil and season with lemon pepper.
3. Carefully slice open your trout. Fill the inside with lemon slices and parsley.
4. On a clean work surface, lay down two strips of Wright® Brand bacon. Place stuffed trout over bacon. Top the fish with thin sliced garlic and wrap bacon around the trout. Use a rosemary sprig to pierce through the bacon and fish to hold bacon in place. Top with thin lemon slices.
5. Remember to soak your cedar planks! Place planks on the grill, and place bacon-wrapped trout on the planks. Place garlic clove in fishes’ mouths, and cook for about 25 minutes, until the bacon has crisped.