Bacon Backyard Corn
We’ve always loved the taste of corn, but there’s a certain savory, smoky flavor we think it’s been missing. We remedy that situation by taking our hand-trimmed bacon and wrapping it around corn cob halves, rolling them in a sweet and spicy chipotle honey glaze. It all comes together for a satisfying summer treat.
1. Preheat your grill on medium heat.
2. While the grill warms up, mix chipotle peppers, honey and melted butter in a bowl to make the glaze.
3. Cut the ears of corn in half. Wrap one slice of Wright® Brand bacon around each corn cob half. Stab the ends with toothpicks to make sure that bacon doesn’t go anywhere.
4. Spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the wrapped corn cob halves in the honey chipotle glaze and place them on the grill.
5. Turn the corn every 1-2 minutes and occasionally baste with the remaining glaze. It should take about 20-25 minutes for the corn to cook and the bacon to crisp up.
6. Remove corn from the grill, season with salt to taste, and dig in.