Tomato Roasted Bacon Slab
1. Cook the bacon slab in an instant slow cooker on the roast setting at 300°F for 2 hours.
2. While the bacon is cooking, heat the oil in a sauce pot. Cook the onions, peppers and garlic until tender (add ¼ cup of water to the pot if dark browning begins), about 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
3. Heat the polenta and water in the same sauce pot over medium heat. Break up the polenta and whisk until smooth. Pour in the milk to thicken, season with salt and add the cooked vegetables.
4. Heat the marinara sauce in a sauce pot or microwave.
5. Serve the cooked bacon slab shredded and tossed in the hot marinara. Top the polenta with the bacon and finish with parmesan cheese.