BBQ Bacon Slab Satays
1. Heat an outdoor grill on low.
2. Slice the bacon slab in half and then into long steak-like pieces less than half an inch. Season one side with the dry seasoning.
3. Once you are ready to start grill, turn off the middle burner on your grill. You may also turn off one side or if you use charcoal simply push the hot coals to one side. Place the slices on the grill over the indirect heat with the seasoned side up. Cooking the bacon over the grates without direct heat will help prevent flare-ups. Cook on one side for 20 minutes flip and cook for another 20 minutes. The bacon should be tender and slightly charred.
4. While the bacon is cooking, reduce the bourbon in a sauce pot over medium heat for 10-20 minutes. The liquid should be reduced to almost nothing. Combine with the barbeque sauce.
5. Combine the Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions and dressing. Place out on a serving platter. Top the cooked bacon slices over the slaw and finish with the barbeque sauce and cheese.