Bacon Slab and Dumplings
Tender slow-cooked bacon slab with soy & mushroom cream gravy, oven-roasted tomatoes, fresh spinach, roasted garlic and sweet onions. Baked with parmesan biscuit dumplings.
1. Preheat an oven at 350°F.
2. Slice the bacon slab in half and cook in an 8X8" baking dish with tomatoes, garlic and onions. Cover and cook for 1 ½ hours. Drain the bacon drippings from the dish and slice the slab into pieces.
3. While the bacon is cooking, heat oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms until tender, about 15 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce and milk, stir for 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour until smooth.
4. While the bacon is cooking, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and butter into a stand mixer or processor. Slowly pour in the milk until well combined and in thick dough.
5. In the baking dish with the bacon slices, add the spinach and pour in the mushroom gravy. Top with the dough in round bites. Finish with the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes.